Thursday, June 28, 2018

I want to go to an Onsen! || One Night, Hot Springs (PC)

"We need to say, with one voice, that transgender people are valued, they are loved, they are us, they deserve to be treated fairly and equally."

Looks so inviting~


One Night, Hot Springs is an adorable visual novel-esque game created by npckc for the trans girl jam. You play as Haru, a young transgender woman who goes to the hot springs with her best friend, Manami. The trip is to celebrate Manami’s birthday, so she wants to take her two best friends to enjoy a night at the springs. The thought makes Haru uncomfortable… so what can she do?

I really enjoyed the way this little game played out with Haru. She’s such a sweetheart, and the issues presented are presented in a sincere and sweet fashion. It was interesting to hear talk in the game about how transmen and transwomen live in Japan, and the situations they must face—such as having to use legal names and gender despite being trans.

The characters are downright adorable

 The art style is simple, soft and cute. The characters are all adorable and well represented, I think. The music is beautiful, and the game has an overall serene feel to it. There are decisions to make and multiple endings. I ended up with the good ending for Erika, so I made a new friend.

Overall, I really enjoyed this little game. I definitely feel that the trans community needs more representation in the video game community. I believe that understanding the LGBTQ community will help remove the fear that some people hold against them, and help children learn that it’s normal and acceptable.

We can only hope, Haru.

I hope to see more games like this in the future. You can download the game to play for yourself free from Itch.io *here*. Let me know what you thought down below! What ending did you get? Did you learn something new?

Thank you, as always. Until next time!
Bellannmae

0 comments:

Post a Comment