Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Los Locos! || Choreo - The Legend of Loco [DEMO] (PC)

"Uno se hace el loco, pero sabe quien es quien?" --unknown

I love the logo


Legend of Loco is a demo created by MegaSloth. The game is set in a colorful world with Lovecraftian undertones. With inspiration from early Disney cartoons, Aztec and Mayan culture, as well as the Cthulu Mythos, the world is sure to be filled with adventure and danger.

The artwork and environments that MegaSloth are charming and they make me want to explore the world. There is an interesting concept where you collect followers who provide different instrumental tracks, that all combine into the game score. That’s something I don’t think I have ever seen before, so I appreciate the thought that went into it.


I'm not sure what... but something is about to go down.

The controls need a little work. The platforming feels a little floaty at times, and fighting isn’t all that interesting to me. There are different things in the world to collect—skulls, tacos, flowers that bloom… but I’m not sure what any of them are for. If I’m being honest, I’m not sure what my goal is as I play the game. It’s fun, don’t get me wrong. But when I play, I like to have a goal in mind.

I made a friend!

This game did have a kickstarter, but unfortunately it did not get fully funded. Despite that, I hope that MegaSloth is able to continue working on this game, and retry for funding in the future because I feel that this game could really be enjoyable. Please stop by the Itch.io page and download the demo for free to try it for yourself *here*.

Let me know what you thought in the comments below! Do you want to see a full game in the future?
 
Thank you, as always. Until next time!
Bellannmae

0 comments:

Post a Comment