Thursday, June 29, 2017

A Beautiful Journey || Reditum (PC)



“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.” –Susan Sontag

Source: Screen Capture in Game

Reditum is a side scrolling point and click adventure game created by kvall. This game was made by 3 students as a school project, which I’ll say now, is quite ambitious with the results. You play as an unnamed character and you travel the world, enjoy the sights and the inhabitants. There is no goal, there is no endgame. Just play, relax, and enjoy.

The game has simple mechanics, though sometimes it can be difficult to get to where you want to go. I had some difficulty getting my character to walk around the giant rock in the hot springs. It took a few tries. I wish there were more characters to interact with, though. They all look so interesting that I wanted to see more. 

 Source: Screen Capture in Game

Where this game really shines for me, is the art and environments. Everything is so detailed and well crafted. This entire world is colorful, exotic, and has such variety. I was in awe with each new area we arrived at. 

The world is small, and you can traverse it in around 10 minutes and arrive back at home, but the journey is worth it. It was so enjoyable, I wanted to travel it all again. 

Source: Screen Capture in Game

It’s even got me itching to do some travelling! I cannot do this game justice in words or even the few pictures I’ve shared. It must be played to really enjoy. So please do so! You can download the game free on Itch.io *here*.  Go, play, and be happy! 

Thank you for sharing some of your time with me today. As always, be sure to leave feedback for the developers, and happy gaming!

Bell

3 comments:

  1. I love how colorful and whimsical the art is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Students made this! If they make games half this beautiful in their future careers, then they will do wonderfully.

      Delete
  2. Thank you Bell for your article and you guys for the nice comments.we are glad you enjoyed it !
    I invite you to do another world tour, we updated it and now every new tour will be different than the last one, because of a little script that changes everything ;-)

    ReplyDelete