Thursday, June 14, 2018

So I'm gonna fly! || Mimi's Delivery Dash


“We need to find our own inspiration. Sometimes, it’s not easy.” –Ursula, Kiki’s Delivery Service

Even the title screen throw me back to the movie :)

Mimi’s Delivery Dash is a short game created by Caffinate for the Movie Game Jam 2018. The game was created in 10 days, which is impressive for the amount of polish this little game has. I may be a little biased since Kiki’s Delivery Service was the movie that introduced me to Studio Ghibli and holds a dear place in my heart. Kiki’s Delivery Service is also the movie that Caffinate based this game on.

In the movie, Kiki is a young witch who leaves home to begin her training. She uses her flying abilities to make deliveries for a bakery to get by, but one day she finds that she has lost her ability to fly. Kiki spends the rest of the movie trying to find her spirit within to regain the ability she lost.

Someone has a delivery to be made!

In the game you play as Mimi, and you are making deliveries on your broom. The controls are simple enough, and you have a select key and a boost key. I like the various references in the game from the movie also. The music and sound effects are all very pleasing, and the visuals are beautiful.

Overall, this game gave me a wonderful sense of nostalgia and made me very happy. I want to go watch Kiki’s Delivery Service now (which I also recommend)! There is only one level, but I definitely wanted more because I enjoyed it so much. You can download this little for yourself free from Itch.io *here*. Let me know what you thought down below! Have you seen the movie?

Thank you, as always. Until next time!
Bellannmae

0 comments:

Post a Comment