Tuesday, June 12, 2018

It's that time! || E3 (Thoughts and Excitement!)


I missed the first day of E3 because I was deathly ill, which sucks, but I was up and ready for day 2 with the Ubisoft conference, and Sony of course. I was caught up one the other E3 showcases, so I wanted to just write a bit about what I’m excited for going forward, or any surprises.

Vacation, anyone?

I think one of the biggest surprises I got out of E3 was a teaser for a new Elder Scrolls, and the speculation of where it takes place—Hammerfell perhaps? Or High Rock? Wherever it is, it’s beautiful. I’m excited to see what new stories will be told, and where we will go from there. I guess maybe I should stop fooling around and finish Skyrim, then…

One of the games I think I’m most excited for is Skull and Bones. It’s about PIRATES, ya’ll. If you know me, you know I love pirates. My love only grew a few years back after I watched a Starz series called Black Sails—which I also recommend. Back to the game, it looked stunning. The character models, the water effects, the ships… they all looks so realistic. From what I gathered, it also looks like there will be realistic changing weather, boat customization, and probably much more. The combat looked challenging, but interesting as well. I am really looking forward to seeing this game in the future and hope to get my hands on it.

I’m not a big player of Assassin’s Creed games, not because I don’t enjoy them, but because my stealth ability in games is… pretty sad to be honest. I have to say that I am excited to see the new Assassin’s Creed teaser. Ancient Greece? Sign me up!

Playstation had some big offerings with a new Destiny expansion coming in September, and The Last of Us part 2. Control looked interesting, and very physics based with what looks like a lot of anti-gravity going on.

Well look at you now.

What’s this? A Resident Evil 2 REMAKE?! Color me excite, guys. RE2 was one of my favorites. And it looks quite good. It gave me an immense sense of nostalgia to see it, and I hope that it lives up to the expectations.

Even games that I haven’t played much of or haven’t heard much of looked good. Such as The Division 2, or the next For Honor game. Also, a new Dragon Quest!  And Kingdom Hearts 3, of course.

Nintendo made some big impressions also. Even though I don’t personally own a Switch, they got me excited. Daemon X Machina—I have a soft spot for giant mech suits, so this made me all warm and fuzzy. A new Xenoblade Chronicles, new Pokemon adventures, Super Mario Party… there was a lot to love from Nintendo this E3.

I appreciate a good epic battle.

I was surprised to see Fortnite being brought to Switch! Well, I suppose I shouldn’t be too surprised, since Fortnite has made quite a craze of itself.  I WAS excited to see a new Fire Emblem announced! I do enjoy the tactical battles, beautiful environments and story.

The future of gaming looks good, at least for now. There were also a lot of indie titles announced that I’m stoked for! Like a DLC for Cuphead, Tunic, After Party, Harold Halibut (SUPER excited for that one!), Children of Morta, and more.

What games are you most excited for in the coming months/year? Let me know down below!
Until next time, friends!

Bellannmae

0 comments:

Post a Comment