Tuesday, May 29, 2018

There's Something Strange Going On... || The Librarian (PC)


Actually, the best gift you could have given her was a lifetime of adventures.” –Lewis Carroll

A Cozy Opening Screen

The Librarian is a short little adventure/puzzle game created by our friend Octavi Navarro. You may remember his name from a previous post for his previous game called Midnight Scenes:Highway. I was greatly impressed with the previous game, so when I heard that Octavi had created a new game, I couldn’t play it soon enough! My excitement was well warranted.

In The Librarian, you play as a young Librarian who’s reading is interrupted by a strange gust of ominous wind. They find an owl with a note telling them that something is wrong at the Library, so our dear Librarian gets ready to investigate. What wonders could await?

Not in any way ominous...

As with the previous game, I was very pleased with the pixel graphics and aesthetics. The colors fit the mysterious and slightly ominous tone of the game, and the animations were smooth. It was all very cohesive and worked well together.

The music and sound effects are well done, and Octavi does a spectacular job of crafting the environment and atmosphere of the game. Although the game is short (took me about 10 minutes) and the puzzles were a bit to easy to me, I greatly enjoyed the adventure. In the end, that’s what really matters.

Who you gonna call?

I hope that Octavi continues to make more games like these in the future, as I’ll be first in line to play. I encourage you to download the game and play for yourself. You can download the game free from Itch.io *here*. Be sure to leave a comment down below and let me know what you thought of the game.

As always, thank you for stopping in to share some time with me today. Remember to take some time for yourself, and have a momentous day, friends.

Until Next Time,
Bellannmae

0 comments:

Post a Comment