Saturday, February 3, 2018

Step Back into Another Time... || I Am Here[DEMO]

"It hurts to know you'll never remember the things I'll never forget." --Tiffany William

I am Here.

I am Here is a narrative driven story in the works by Lavalamp Games. You play as Karen, a woman who was once a successful writer, and is looking for her partner, Lisa. You’ll get to explore your surroundings, and memories, as you unfold the story and struggles of Karen and her partner as a gay couple in the 1960s.

The graphics are beautiful, and the style and aesthetic of the house makes it feel like a 60’s styled house (my great grandma’s house STILL looks like this…). The voice acting is nice, although it seems a little flat. If there was just a little bit more emotion in some parts, I think it would be spectacular.

Hard decisions need to be made in life.

Second to the story of a gay couple in the 60’s, I also get the feeling of there being a memory disorder effecting Karen. Perhaps Alzheimer’s? Before the job I have now, I worked in a nursing home where I saw many residents in many stages of Alzheimer’s and memory loss. It’s truly heartbreaking, so I can imagine the stress and pain that Lisa speaks of in the game.

This demo is very touching, and I wonder where the developers plan to take the game in the future. The game, despite the sentimental nature, does have some spooky sequences, that did me quite a frighten. I walked through the dark sequences wholly expecting something to jump out and scare me.

Seriously looks almost exactly like my Great Grandmother's...

I hope you’ll all give this lovely demo a try, it’s free and you can download it from Itch.io *here*. Be sure to leave your feedback and encouragement for the developers. I can’t wait to see where it goes! Be sure to stop in every Tuesday and Saturday at 11 AM to see what we play next! Until next time, happy gaming!


Bell 

0 comments:

Post a Comment