Tuesday, November 14, 2017

The Abuser, or the Abused? || He Beat Her (PC)

Title Screen

He Beat Her is an interesting interactive mystery created by Zephyo. You play as a lawyer who is defending a client accused of domestic abuse. It seems, however, there is more to this story than it seems. The trial is about to end, so you need to use the last few precious minutes to change the outcome—to see that justice is served. But can you?

This game as a unique mechanic, which requires typing your actions into a dialogue box to perform them. For example, you can type “grab” and then you have to type what you want to grab. It can be frustrating to figure out, but I feel that is likely a part of the intended feeling of the game.

Source: Itch.io page

There are apparently different paths you can take, and there is a walkthrough to help you through them all. I played around with different inputs, and I managed to walk out of the case and abandon my client, and I got a little bit of somewhere with the plaintiff. Because it is looking for specific inputs, it can be difficult to get through.

I love the art style, and the game overall is well put together. I feel like the developer achieved the feelings and goals they set out to create, and I’m happy for that. As frustrating as this game can be, I enjoyed every minute I played of it.  I hope you’ll download this game free from Itch.io *here*

Be sure to leave your feedback and comments for the developer. Until next time, Jammers… Happy Gaming!

Bell 

0 comments:

Post a Comment