Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Small Gesture, Big Impact || Tiny Echo (PC)

"Meraki (v.)  to do something with soul, creativity, or love; to put something of yourself in your work.



Tiny Echo is an adorable exploration adventure style game created by Might and Delight. You play as Emi, an adorable character tasked with delivering messages to the spirits in the other realm. Emi has 13 messages, and a lot of ground to cover, so she better get a move on!

I was looking forward to getting this game, and it did not disappoint. The art style is what originally drew my interest, you know I love a game with hand drawn quality. Emi and the spirits all have their own unique appearances, and even the side characters and creatures of the world are quite cute. The music is wonderfully composed and fits well with the overall feeling of the game.

I just love the artistic style of this game.

The puzzles are a nice challenge, but not too difficult that it took me too long to figure anything out. I do wish Emi moved a little faster at times, but that may have just been me being impatient. I wish there was a little more use for the side characters, other than there just being an achievement for talking to them all. Maybe some integration into the puzzles, or something. That’s really the only criticism I have for the game though.

The story is simple, and a bit short (about an hour and a half of game play for me), but it was heartwarming, with a happy ending. I really enjoyed it, and I think you will too. You can buy the game on steam at full price for 7.99 *here*. Or add it to your wish list and wait for a sale (like I did!) and get it for 5.99. Either way, I hope you’ll enjoy it as I did!

Stay safe, until I see you next time, Jammers! Happy Gaming.


Bell

0 comments:

Post a Comment