Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Catventure! || The Chronicles of Zuro DEMO

Title

The Chronicles of Zuro is an action adventure game in the works by Exmat. You play as an adorable cat boy(or girl, maybe?), who works at a restaurant located on the back of a giant tortoise. I’m not sure what the full plot is planned to be, but in the demo, you’re exploring a forest to place 3 hidden alter stones, and defeat the boss.

The graphics are cute, they sort of have an N64 look to them. The character you play as is super cute! I’ve always had a thing for characters with cat(or other animal) ears. The colors are bright and attractive as well. The environments are crafted nicely.

A forest path...

I had some trouble working my slingshot, and I wished that there had been a little more tutorial to tell me how to aim the damn thing. It was just guesswork. It took me 7 tries to shoot a ramp right to get it to drop. Aiming at barrels? Forget it.

I had a lot of fun just running around and exploring the world, though. There are barely any enemies, which I suppose is good since I can’t shoot my slingshot properly. There were some graphical glitches, but this IS only a demo, so I shouldn’t judge too harshly. The sound effects could also use some work. In particular I would have liked some splash sounds when walking through water.

Such a nice view, though.

Overall, I feel the demo shows some promise. The graphics are nice, the characters are cute, I just wish I had a better idea of any story. I hope that the developer is able to build upon this demo in the future, because I’d like to play it. You can try the demo for yourself *here*

Be sure to leave your feedback and encouragement for the developer, and happy gaming, Jammers!

Bell

0 comments:

Post a Comment