Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Free Itch.io Games #20



Hey guys! Welcome to another thrilling collection of free games from Itch.io! We made it to #20, everyone! It's kinda exciting for me, you know? Anyway, let's get to the games! 

1. Gone Wandering

 Cruising along.
Source: Itch.io Page

Gone Wandering is a butterfly cathing exploration game created by Oogaphobia. You play as a young girl who, with her boat and her cat(/magical creature), goes hunting for butterflies. Can you catch the 4 rare butterflies?

This game is very relaxing, and I enjoyed cruising around the scenery, catching butterflies… or not, since I wasn’t very good at it. I did catch one of the rare butterflies, though. The map is seemingly so large in your little boat that it takes a lot of time to get around.

I love the N64 graphics aesthetic, it’s super cute. I love the cat(/magical creature) steering the boat! Overall, just a relaxing, take it easy kind of game. So, if you want to kick back, enjoy some 64 era style graphics, and catch some butterflies, then go download this game free from Itch.io *here*.

2. Purifire

 The pixel graphics are nice. 
Source: Screen Capture in Game

Purifire is a 2D platformer created by TodesBrot and Walictor, wherein you play as Shiro and help him on his journey towards death. However, he is in a world in which he can neither die, nor truly live.

Purifire is an interesting platformer, and it has some puzzle elements as well. Your goal is to reach the fire, and burn yourself in its purifying heat. The mechanics are nice, and the controls are smooth. I’m a sucker for pixel graphics, so that’s good too. There’s something serene and calm about the backgrounds as well.

Overall, this game provided a bit of challenge, and was a well put together puzzle platformer. I recommend you give it a try for yourself. You can download it for free from Itch.io *here*.

3. Beneath Floes


That's unsettling....
Source: Screen Capture in Game


Beneath Floes is a text based game that’s more like an interactive story, created by Kevin Snow. The tale involves some Inuit mythology, specifically the Qalupalik—a fish-like humanoid creature that dwells beneath the ice, and steals away any children who dark wander too close.

I love mythology in all cultures, so I enjoyed the learning experience. It’s written as though you’re being told a story, which I sort of liked given the content. You simply click to advance the story. There are some choices that can be made (usually changing a small detail of the story) but I don’t believe they have any significant bearing on the story itself, it’s just a way for you to make the story your own.

If you enjoy mythology, and reading, you may find some enjoyment with this game. You can download it free from Itch.io *here*

4. Miskro


Ahh~ The sun and the sky.
Source: Itch.io Page


Miskro is a size changing adventure game created by Braindeer_Games. You play as an unnamed character who is trying to fulfil the wish of a deity that resides over these islands. As you explore you’ll gain abilities to change you size, giving you access to some new areas to explore, and so on.

In full disclosure, I was not able to fulfill whatever the deity wished of me. I gained 4 different sizes and gold and silver… coins? But that’s apparently not all there is to do. I plan to explore the islands some more if I have some off time, but I had enough fun playing with the mechanics and enjoying the scenery.

The graphics are decent, the blocky trees in particular I enjoy. It can be difficult to tell the difference between the sand and the water, so beware. It can be tricky when you’re bigger to see where exactly you are in relation to everything else below you.

Overall, the game is free so you have nothing to lose, but perhaps maybe you’ll enjoy a more relaxed pace game to wander and play in. You can download the game free from Itch.io *here*

As always, thank you guys so much for spending some time with me today. I hope you found a gane you want to try out for yourself. Be sure to leave your feedback and encouragement for the developers, and happy gaming!

Bell

0 comments:

Post a Comment