Sunday, May 7, 2017

Free Itch.io Games #11


What's up gamers? Welcome to another fun edition of free games from the bowels of Itch.io! Today we have some good, and some not so good. But I like to keep things positive so let's not be too sever, yeah? Anyway LETSGO.

1. Room 007

 Source: Itch.io Page

Room 007 is a quirky puzzle game created by Lancelot Gao. This is your mission, should you choose to accept it! It’s simple, get rid of the bomb! Utilize the room furniture to do this. Each piece of furniture has a different function and performs a different action. String these actions together in sequences as the difficult rises.

This game is short, but enjoyable. I had a lot of fun. I would have appreciated some sleuth music or something. Then again the levels are so short that it may have been pointless. I liked the whistling—it did make me think of James Bond for some reason. In any case, this game was fun for the 10-15 minutes it lasted. You can play it for yourself by downloading from Itch.io *here*.

2. Stumble Gumble


Source: Itch.io Page


Stumble Gumble is an arcade defense game created byTotodyle683. One day in the kingdom of Gumbledon, an evil dictator by the name of Kookiene poisoned the milk supply, driving the locals mad. You must keep the corrupted villagers from escaping and damaging anyone else. You do this by using the 4 infinity cookies. Using the keyboard keys   Q, W, E, and R, use the cookies to summon the Horsemen of Glucose to protect yourself and others from the mad villagers. 

My favorite part of this game is the visuals. The candy like landscape and the villagers’ various appearances are all cute and well done. The music is decent, and the sound effects are fitting.
Timing really matters in this game. There is a cool down period between the use of the Infinity Cookies, so you can’t just spam away. As you progress to higher levels of the game, new and more difficult villagers will try to escape, so you’ll get to test your reflexes as well. 

Overall, the game was cute, but not something I would replay. The game is free to download and play on Itch.io *here*, so feel free to try it for yourself!

3. People Keep Telling Me To Talk About How I Feel

 Source: Screen Capture from Game

PKTMTTAHIF(what a name) is an emotional point and click twine game created by Arthur Gilchrist. I think game you click through a daily life, making choices that will affect your stress, your work, your friends concern levels, and your energy. What choices will you make?

This game hits close to home for me, which is likely why I enjoy it so much. It’s easy to see in a game such as this, when I play as I would really act in life, how actions made from anxiety and depression can spiral into a pit. I ended the game with a stress level of something like 39. Which is high. 

The game is entirely text, but it is well written. I would have liked more variant text colors maybe. The light red text on dark red bg strains me eyes a little. If you want to experience this game for yourself, it’s free to download and play from Itch.io *here*.

4. A Drift for the Irresolute


Source: Itch.io Page

A Drift for the Irresolute is a game created by drigs. In this game, you play as someone else playing a computer game about connecting synapses. Synapses allow the transmission of chemical signals between neurons in the brain. Whether that fact has any meaning in the game itself, I don’t know. I’m not really sure I got this game, or what it is supposed to be. It was listed in experimental, so perhaps there is none to be found.

While you’re playing this ‘connect the synapses’ game, your phone will sometimes ring. You anser it and get seemingly random text messages like, “You didn’t forget did you?” I’ll be honest, I didn’t play long enough to find out if they ever meant anything. The game feels mundane to me. Connecting the synapses was easy, and the texts felt meaningless. There wasn’t really any context to the game so it all felt pointless. 

Perhaps you may be able to get something more out of this game than I did. You can download and try the game for free from Itch.io *here*.

As always, thank you for stopping by! Be sure to leave comments and encouragement for the game creators on their respective pages, and until next time.. Happy Gaming!

Bell

0 comments:

Post a Comment