Thursday, April 6, 2017

Free Itch.io Games #8

Hello, Friends! Welcome once again to “What Can We Find on Itch.io!” Where we dig deep into the free games catalog on Itch.io to find, hopefully, some hidden gems around them. Let’s get down to business! (To defeat <dun dun> the Huns….)

1. Kaiju Dating Simulator

Source: Screen Capture from Game

Kaiju Dating Simulator is a dating simulation game(duh) created by Chaheezor. You play as a normal human having a stroll in the park, when you encounter a monstrous creature—Godxena. Godxena is a large lizard like the more familiar Godzilla.  You can end up with 3 different endings depending on the choices you make.

This game is very short, taking me only 5 minutes to complete, but it was humorous all the same. The art is not amazing, and I did encounter a couple of issues through the game (one click skipping a few lines of dialogue, and at one point Godxena became see through). However, the game is free and was entertaining. You can try the game for yourself by downloading from Itch.io *here*.

2. Shrub Bubs

Source: Itch.io

Shrub Bubs is a simulator game where you take care of plants created by carpetbones. I’ll be perfectly honest, I didn’t get anywhere in this game. Which upset me because the trailer looked super cute. I have no idea what I am supposed to do. No matter what, my plant just sighs and seems unhappy. So I gave up(bad me), but I didn’t know what else to do.

The pixel graphics are cute, and so is the plant. You have controls for temperature, water and the sunlight. Perhaps you can fare better than I did. If you want to give it a try, you can download it for free from Itch.io *here*.

3. Something to Hide

Source: Screen Capture from Game

Something to Hide is a short action game created in a combined effort from FuryAndMadness, AcidSpaceshipp, Alex Evdokimov, and Sveta Sokolova. In Something to Hide, you play as a young lady who is left to hide her Uncle’s monsters before someone comes to take them away! I actually found this game to be pretty cute. I like the animations of the girl and the monsters, and the colors.

The issues I had with the game were the lack of hiding spaces (you seem to just hide them in the same 3 spots), and it was too easy. A challenge such as, “This monster likes darkness, hide it somewhere dark!” or something like that would have been appreciated. Still it was a cute little game to play, and it was free. You can try it for yourself for free by downloading from Itch.io *here*.

4. QUUR

Source: Screen Capture from Game

QUUR is an action adventure game created by a team of students at Supinfogame RUBIKA in France during the 2015-2016 school year. In this game, you exist in a world that is sustained by a magical liquid known as the color. You play as a strange being with the ability to manipulate the liquid. The game can be played with keyboard or a controller, but the game felt a lot better being played with a controller(to me anyway).

The most wonderful thing about this game is that it is BEAUTIFUL. The visual graphics and the vibrant colors really make this game stunning to behold. The music and the sound effects are also beautiful. The controls felt a bit slow to me, but the game also ran a bit slow for me, so I can’t say whether it was due to the control scheme or because of my computer. In any case, this game is a beautiful visual experience, and I highly recommend a play through. You can download the game for free from Itch.io *here*.

As always, be sure to leave your words of encouragement or helpful criticism so that the creators can continue to improve their skills and creations.

Happy Gaming, Friends!
Bell

See the Gaming in Pajamas Compendium *HERE*
Follow me on: Twitter @Bellannmae
Follow me on: Tumblr @bellannmae
Join me on: Steam

0 comments:

Post a Comment