Sunday, January 15, 2017

Syrup and the Ultimate Sweet for PC

“When people ask for candy I am eating, I give them the flavor I don’t like.”

Source: Itch.io Page

Syrup and the Ultimate Sweet is an adorable about making friends and accepting each other. I suppose it is sort of a dating sim game, but honestly I found it more innocent friendship than anything else. It certainly isn’t hot and heavy romance like I’m used to. In any case, Syrup and the Ultimate Sweet was created by Nami, and this game exists within the same universe as some of her other games involving a wolf girl named Treat! I have played through the Treat series games, and I will review them another time(2/19/17 keep an eye out!).

In the game you play as Syrup, the candy Alchemist. Syrup has forsaken the ways of Magic and uses purely science and her own two hands to create delicious candies, as opposed to a witch like Butterscotch who creates candy by using magic. Syrup sells her science candy in her sweets shop, Atelier Sweets, with the help of her assistant, Pastille. Syrup is sort of a hermit(hey, a character I can relate to!), and she spends the majority of her time in her lab working on sweets while Pastille runs the shop.  

One day, Syrup enters her lab to find an adorable pink candy golem waiting for her! The only problem is that in order to create a golem, magic is required. Since Syrup is completely opposed to magic of any kind… who created the golem, and why? The answer to this question is actually pretty obvious after about 2 minutes. Anyhow, this is where the game really begins. Every choice you make matters towards your ending, and there are plenty of endings to try to get. I managed to get the romantic endings with Gumdrop(the golem), and Butterscotch, as well as an ending with Syrup getting rich, bad endings 1 and 2, and the Candibal ending. I really wanted the romantic ending with Pastille, but I just couldn’t get it right!


One of my favorite things about this game was the overly adorable sprites and artwork. The big eyes and bright colors get me every time. The characters themselves are also likable. Syrup was a relatable character for me, but each character is well crafted and realistic(in personality). I also love the music. The music the creators chose works well for the scenes that they accompany.

Overall I greatly enjoyed this game. There is a good amount of game play time, and a decent amount of endings(for a free game). I wish I had been able to get the other endings, but I didn’t want to use a guide(I’m weird and prefer to win games on my own merit). The game can be found for free on Itch.io *here*. I highly recommend giving it a play to see what you think—and as always, be sure to leave some kind words or helpful criticism to help the developers further… develop.


Happy Gaming, Friends!
Bell

See the Gaming in Pajamas Compendium *HERE!*
Follow me on: Twitter
Follow me on: Tumblr
Join me on: Steam
Email: bellannmae@gmail.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment