Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Free Itch.io Games #24

1. May I Take Your Order

Yummy...?

May I Take Your Order is a short visual novel created by AlexisRoyce. You play as a waiter/waitress catering to a couple who have some rather peculiar tastes. Be careful of your choices though, your life might depend on it! Survive the 3-course meal and hope that you get a big tip for all of this!

I rather enjoyed this short little experience. I played through it 3 times and got 3 different endings, including one where I rather unceremoniously was killed. The art is nice, and the music and sound effects are nice as well.

Overall, I enjoyed it, and I look forward to what this developer makes in the future! Please download May I Take Your Order free from Itch.io *here*. Be sure to leave your feedback and encouragement for the developer, and let me know what you thought down below.

2. Healthy Breakfast

Align the glass shards to show the door!

Healthy Breakfast is a quirky little exploration game created by Boogie Knights and friends, about an elusive donut and pink flamingoes. Find your way through a bright, colorful, and sometimes surreal environment to find your way. Just follow the flamingo!

I really enjoyed this little adventure more than I expected to. The mechanics are interesting, and I left as though the environment was changing and shifting around me, which I thought was neat. Some doorways, for example, will only be visible through a mirror so you’ll have to maneuver your way to the door while keeping that mirror in your sight to locate the door. If you turn away, the door will be gone.

The music is interesting, though I was so focused on the visuals that I honestly didn’t pay that much attention. The ending was also a bit of a surprise! I really enjoyed this little game though, so I hope you’ll give it a try as well. You can download it free from Itch.io *here*. Be sure to leave your feedback for the developer and let me know what you thought below!

3. I’ll Take You to Tomato Town

Won't you take me to.... tomato town?

I’ll Take You to Tomato Town is a quirky shopping simulator created by adamgryu, along with friends.  You play as a character in a shopping mart, and your friends call and tell you what you need to buy. Seems easy enough, what could go wrong?

The colors are all bright and vibrant, including your Armstrong stretch arm. The sound effects are fun, and the calls from your friends are silly and fun to listen to. The game is rather short, but fun all the same. You can download this game free from Itch.io *here* and you too can go to Tomato Town!

4. Rose in Bloom

My Chihuahua loves to do this...

Rose in Bloom is a cute visual novel style game created by Lynnaira. You play as Rose, an artistic shut in who lives alone on a house on a hill (my dream). The choice you make through the game decide how the story goes.

One day, Rose is painting when she hears a knock on the door. It’s Jackie, a young lady who seems to have lost her dog. You can decide whether to help her or not. She seems nice enough, and a dog’s life is at stake here! I don’t want to spoil any of the story, so I won’t talk about what happens after.

The graphics and aesthetic of the game are very cute. Both Rose and Jackie are cute characters, and I also like their personalities. The music and sounds were quiet, but I didn’t mind. I enjoyed the game over all. You can download Rose in Bloom for yourself free from Itch.io *here*


Be sure to leave your feedback for the developers, and let me know what you thought down below!

Thank you for stopping in, and until next time, Jammers, happy gaming!

Bell

0 comments:

Post a Comment