Sunday, September 3, 2017

Live Your Life || Kynseed DEMO (PC)

“Will your name be carved on the walls of history or scrawled on the walls of the pub outhouse?” –Kynseed Itch.io Page
  
Source: Kickstarter
  
Kynseed is a rather massive 2D sandbox adventure in the works from PixelCount Studios. The team includes veterns from the Lionhead Studios' Fable series, so I’m excited to hear that alone. I loved playing Fable. In any case, this game looks to have a lot to offer, and although the kickstarter is over, which is sad because I totally would have thrown money at it, the game is more than worth you attention, and the demo is worth playing. 
 
You start as a young boy on your parents’ farm in the Vale, a peaceful valley in the land of Quill. In time, you meet Mr. Fairweather, who give you a mystical acorn, called the Kynseed, which will sprout into a magical family tree. But such a gift cannot come for free.
  
Pigs!
Source: Screen Capture in Game

I think one of the aspects I love most about Kynseed is the growing old, dying, and passing your legacy on to your children. I wonder if you then continue as your children and continue the cycle? It sounds like that’s the case reading over the Kickstarter, and THAT would be really cool. The other characters around you, and the world, age with you. As characters grow old and die, they’ll be replaced with fresh faces as a new cycle begins. 
 
I really enjoyed the demo, that I personally had trouble trying to get used to the buttons. It just takes practice, and I have clumsy fingers.  The graphics are nice, the animals all look so cute. I had trouble figuring out what the heck exactly to do, so I spent most of my time in the demo just wandering about and being stupid. But it was still really fun. I also probably have an old demo cause I have had it for a LONG time, but I didn’t have a controller to play. When I tried with the keyboard it wasn’t working for me (clumsy fingers, remember?).
  
Source: Kickstarter

There are a lot of interesting mechanics that Kyseed is offering, besides the aging. Hunger will dictate combat prowess, so be sure to eat before going off to storm the castle. Romance characters (male or female) to continue your legacy. In battle, each monster has a sim and unique traits that you can take advantage of. Run your own business. Be a nice guy, or be a jerk. 
 
Overall Kynseed looks to be such a unique and endearing experience. I really can’t wait to get my hands on it. Visit the Kickstarter page for more information on the game *here* download and play the demo *here*. The team’s aim is to have the game ready in late 2018, bar any team or financial catastrophe. But you have to be willing to wait for greatness. 
 
Thanks for stopping by, as always. Be sure to check out Kynseed and let me know what you think of it. Happy gaming, Jammers!
 
Bell

0 comments:

Post a Comment