Sunday, February 5, 2017

Browser Games #2

Hello, Friends! I’ve found some more interesting games that you can play right from your browser, so I’m here to share them all with you. After all, sharing is caring, right? I hope you find a game or two that you can also enjoy.


1. Depersonalize Me

Source: Screen Capture from Game

Depersonalize Me is a short and simple game created by Anthony Tesija about his experiences with depersonalization and anxiety. Depersonalization is a psychological state which can consist of a person’s detachment within themselves. Someone experiencing depersonalization would feel like they have somehow changed, and that the world often becomes almost dreamlike, less real, or may find it lacking significance. It can be a dissociative disorder on its own, or exist as a symptom of other disorders: such as anxiety, clinical depression, schizophrenia, migraines, or even sleep deprivation.

I’ve put my psychology degree to good use, so that’s enough of that. In this game you want to recycle the good thoughts and trash the bad. Tesija wanted to show how it may be difficult, but not impossible to recover when those bad thoughts arise. What I personally related to, being prone to depression and anxiety myself, is the difficulty of catching the negative thoughts in order to get rid of them. When you move the mouse close to the negative thoughts, they will try to get away.

I found the idea of this game interesting, and I love when developers create games based on their own experiences. I think it makes the game that much better. You can find Depersonalize Me on Itch.io *here*, and it’s free. You can also follow the developer on Twitter.


2. Keep Listening and Everybody Explodes

Source: Screen Capture from Game

Keep Listening and Everybody Explodes is a fun little game created by grandtheftmarmot, written by Corinne Groble and coded by Brian Peters. Your objective is to diffuse the bomb before it explodes and kills everyone.

KLEE a measure of how well you can focus and work while other people talk. This game can be played with your friends doing the talking, or if you’re playing in browser, there will already be two people to talk to you. One voice is like your inner-monologue, full of doubt and fear. The other voice will be the one telling you want to do, so listen carefully. I made it through the wires, and the pins, but when we got to the next section with the… fuses(they look like fuses)? My daughter burst in to ask me about how her whip stitch(she’s learning to sew) looked, and I missed what I needed to know. Then I blew us all up.

I had a lot of fun playing this game, and I imagine it would be even more fun with your friends trying to distract you instead of the game voices. You can play the game for free on Itch.io *here* and it works right in your browser. Give it a try and see what you think!


3. Puppertrator

Source: Screen Capture from Game

Puppertrator is ‘dog’gone cute whodunit game made by Wyatt C. aka Potatoes Are Not Explosive, along with Krispin’s artwork and music by Cadillac Loops. You are a pug(a cute pug… I love Pugs…) and you are being accused of infiltrating and stealing from another dog’s bone stash! Shame on you! Oh, wait… it wasn’t you? Well I guess you better prove it then!

Use the items and clues around the room to find out who did it! This game is simple enough, you just need to point and click on the highlightable objects around the room, read the information and deduce the culprit. The art style is cute, and the bright colors are charming. This game is short, I completed in under 10 minutes, but when a game is free it’s not as though you can complain. I would still recommend this game to my friends for a quick distraction. You can download it, or you can play it right in your browser on Itch.io *here*.


4. Heartery

Source: Screen Capture from Game

Heartery is a casual, in browser, flash game created by the Cosmic Adventure Squad team of Vu Ha, Rose Peng, Annick Huber and Andres Villarreal. Your objective is to guide the red blood cells, full of oxygen, from the heart, to the parts of the body that need it. Be careful, if two red blood cells run into eachother, then it creates a blood clot! You can dissolve the clots by using a syringe you pick up along the way.


The style of this game is cute, especially those big eyes on the blood cells. I did have some trouble with the arrows, and the precision of clicking on them. At times I would swear I hit the button to change the direction, but would be just a pixel off and it would miss. The arrows seem so small too. Perhaps that it part of the challenge, but I found it a bit frustrating at times.  This game is surely worth giving a try, and you can play it right in your browser by going to the Itch.io page *here*.


As always, be sure to try these games for yourself, and leave words of encouragement, or helpful criticism, so that the developers can further improve their skills and content!

Happy Gaming, Friends!
Bell

See the Gaming in Pajamas Compendium *HERE*
Follow me on: Twitter
Follow me on: Tumblr
Join me on: Steam

2 comments:

  1. Loved your thoughts on the game. Thanks for playing and talking about it! I'll have to check out some of these other games.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, I was happy to play! I'll be sure to check out your other games as well :)

      Delete